Help activating extension

Support für Extensions für phpBB 3.2.x von Entwickler OXPUS
xaviermbcn

Help activating extension

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

Hello,

this mornig I installed Download Extension in my forum. Apparently it's well installed and enable. But I didn't see any option in the ACP to define, activate or change any thing about it. In the UCP, yes, there are any options. IF I acceed manualy to http://mysite/forum/dlext/index I see a page for "Downloads - Categories" ...

What's wrong ? Whera I'm confused?

thanks in advance,

Xavier

PHP 7.3.16
PHPBB 3.2.2
Hotschi's Downloads 8.0.7
oxpus
Chief handy-man
Re: Help activating extension

Beitrag von oxpus »

In the ACP you should find all settings for the extension under the tab "Extensions" and where under "Downloads".
Where you can define new catgories, permissions and anything else.

At least you must create a category to get the link to the downloads from the board navigation.
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
No support per Messenger, Email or PM. Each unasked message will be ignored!
xaviermbcn

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

HI,

I'm sorry but in the tab "Extensions" there aren't "Downloads" ....
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Nothing like this?
ACP.jpg
ACP.jpg (238.78 KiB) 4689 mal betrachtet
Then try to enable the modules manually ACP > System > Administration Control Panel > Extensions.

And check the permission settings.
Maybe the modules are installed but you just have no permission to access them.

And don't forget to clear the forum cache.
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
xaviermbcn

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

Hello,
no, nothing like this :( :(
I try to enable the modules... but the ACP_DOWNLOADS is associated to the extension CBB Bockgets from Canidev.

After that, I uninstall oxpus/dlext. And I reinstall it. When I tried to Enable again the extension I obtain this message:

A module already exist: ACP_DOWNLOADS ....

and it's impossible to enable your extension ....

AND

if I delete all the ACP_DOWNLOADS modules extension and enable again the extension I obtain this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\module\exception\module_exception: CANNOT_REMOVE_MODULE in /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/module/module_manager.php:448 Stack trace: #0 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migration/tool/module.php(420): phpbb\module\module_manager->delete_module(264, 'acp') #1 [internal function]: phpbb\db\migration\tool\module->remove('acp', 'ACP_CAT_DOT_MOD...', 'ACP_DOWNLOADS') #2 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migration/tool/module.php(454): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 [internal function]: phpbb\db\migration\tool\module->reverse('add', 'acp', 'ACP_CAT_DOT_MOD...', 'ACP_DOWNLOADS') #4 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(714): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(683): phpbb\db\migrator->run_step(Array, false, true) #6 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(436): phpbb\db\migrator->process_data_step(Array, Array) #7 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(351): phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply( in /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/module/module_manager.php on line 448
Zuletzt geändert von xaviermbcn am Mi 8. Apr 2020, 22:42, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Hmpf :o

This extension is not free of cost, so I can't examine this one.
Which functions are provided by this module of the Blockget Extension?

I'm not really pleased that a paid extension uses a module key name from another extension that exists for more than 15 years (beginning as a MOD for phpBB 2.x).
If I have to make this extensions compatible with each other, several adjustments would be necessary, even for existing installations while upgrade this releases.

And without a copy of the Blockget Extension I can't guarantee to provide an errorfree download extension release.

So sorry, I can't really help here.

You only can try to search in the download extension package for "ACP_DOWNLOADS" and replace it with something like "ACP_OX_DOWNLOADS" and then retry to install the extension.
Karsten Ude
xaviermbcn

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

Hello,

thank you for your quick answer.

This morning I wrote to Canidev about this issue...

Please, take care about what I saw with my investigations because I didn't have any idea about php, phpBB and I'm not sure if what I say is wrong or not.
Obvously the message I paste is true :D ....

But, examining the copy screen of your message and the modules of the ACP_DOWNLOADS installed in my forum there are a simila names... So I'm not sure if this modules are frm Canidev BUT the option of all the modules "Choose module" is Blockgets [\Canidev\Blockgets\acp\main_module]...

Bild

Seeing others messages in your forum it means there are yours modules BUT DL_ACP_BROWSER doesn't exist ...

Bild

Thank you again !!
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

DL_ACP_BROWSER is not longer part of the extension, so please ignore this.

And while the module referred to the Blockget extension you cannot join modules from the download extension.
So it's recommended to rename the module ACP_DOWNLOAD from the download extension or the Blockget Extension will be changed.
Karsten Ude
xaviermbcn

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

hi,

Canidev wrote me he didn't have any extension named ACP_DOWNLOAD....
I'm very confused.....
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

But his extension surely uses the module name ACP_DOWNLOADS?
Karsten Ude
Antworten