Thema zum Download Download Extension

Support für Extensions für phpBB 3.3.x von Entwickler OXPUS
Antworten
dave c

Re: Thema zum Download Download Extension

Beitrag von dave c »

Ok,

So im not exactally an expert here but i think i can get this done. So basically save all the DL and Download tables. drop all of them, install the ext and then restore the tables.

Should i be doing this save and restore from inside the PHPBB ACP? or from phpmyadmin.

I was playing in the test forum in phpmyadmin and if a table existed but empty it wouldnt let me import to the table. only if i droped the table and then imported. So wouldnt i have the same problem after the EXT is installed? and wont the table structure be different?

Also you kinda confused me slightly. or maybe a translation problem. i dont have to get an old version of 3.0.8 going in order to update to 6.5.33. thats alot of work.
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Sorry, no chance.
If you will try to upgrade from a release prior 6.5.33 to the newest extension release you need to upgrade the mod to the latest 6.x release before you can upgrade to the latest one.

There's definely no way to upgrade by the extension itself.
With the extension release 7.0.0 the support for all previous releases have been dropped.

You can only upgrade the database schema of the mod by using the old database install script on a phpBB 3.0.x board.
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
No support per Messenger, Email or PM. Each unasked message will be ignored!
dave c

Beitrag von dave c »

Ok oxpus. thanks for all your help i guess i really wish i asked you all this before.....

SO last question and i think ill be all set. if i install a raw copy of version of 3.0.8, install your mod 6.4.13. import all my tables prefix DL and prefix downloads.
Then run the update script for 6.5.33. then export all the same tables from the 3.0.8 install and import them back into my current PHPBB 3.3 database.

Then i should be able to enable the current version of the Extension.

I have this correct?

Thanks again
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Yes, this is correct.
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
dave c

Beitrag von dave c »

Ok, i did ALL of that.... still same message.

So i was wondering the following.

A. I noticed between 6.4.13 and 6.5.33 you added some pbpbb_config rows.... so those would not have transfered cause we just transfered the tables DL and Downloads. could this be an issue? could we fix it manually?
B. The value in this table that shows the DL_mod version would still be at 6.4.13 would i have to fix that manually for the extension to install?, change to 6.5.33?
C. as a second to last resort..... I use this mod/ext in its simplest form. meaning downloads, thumbs and catergorys and permissions. i dont use ANY of the other features, ratings bug reports, etc etc. Possible to delete the data and install it fresh. then import only the tables for categorys and Downloads, and maybe the Auth? or manually fix a few things.

D. Also you referenced version 7.0.0 a bunch of times even tho the current one for 3.3 is 8.x. Do i have to first install 7.0.0 and then upgrade it to current?
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

A This config rows shall exists if you have installed the extension error free.
B The version will be simple stay on the old one if you will not manually update this. You will found the version value in the table phpbb_config. And at least drop the forum cache to get the real mod release number after changing it manually in the dasabase.
C The extension needs all basic data to work even when you do not use all functions. So you needs to upgrade with the complete data schema.
D If you van install release 7 and update to the newest,
why not. But the 7.x will not work error free in a phpbb 3.3.x!

At least you need to proof the php settings to be able to install the extension. Some php settings e. g. memory limits or time limits should be increased.
Compare your php online settings with the local Installation. Maybe you will find possible differences.

Or you can backup your online forum database, restore this into the local one and install the extension there. And then copy back the database to the online forum.
Karsten Ude
dave c

Beitrag von dave c »

Ok,

Well by river and stream i think i got it back installed....

However a few small problems.

A. thumbnails wont show up on the download page. all i get is the error icon for the picture and if i hover it shows me the thumbnail file. But wont display the thumbnail. Yes i moved all the thumbs into the appropiate folder ext/dl_ext/thumbs

b. category icons wont show up either. and also i have them set to /images
same thing there there... just not showing.
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

The folder structure was moved to /files/dlext/
So please move all folders under /ext/oxpus/dl_ext/files/ into the new place.
And regard the new folder name "dlext" without "_".
Karsten Ude
dave c

Beitrag von dave c »

Ok so i have moved them to the correct folder. i possibly mistypes it in my last reply. so here are where my thumbs are
thumb location.jpg
thumb location.jpg (138.1 KiB) 6470 mal betrachtet
But this is the display on the download page
thumbs display.jpg
thumbs display.jpg (63.04 KiB) 6470 mal betrachtet
I also have my downloads in the correct folder and they all work.... at least the dozen or so i have tried. but no thumbs display.
Lastly in all 3 of the installations im playing with after the install or upgrade i have this in my banlist. which halts downloads. after i delete this entry all is well.
banlist.jpg
banlist.jpg (85.56 KiB) 6470 mal betrachtet
dave c

Beitrag von dave c »

Also no display for the category icons. i have them listed in the /images directory from the root. but no display.
icons.jpg
icons.jpg (42.57 KiB) 6470 mal betrachtet
Antworten