Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted

Support zu den Modifikationen (MODs) von Entwickler OXPUS für das phpBB 3.0.x
Antworten
light horse

Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted

Beitrag von light horse »

Greetings,
Recently I got this error whenever I went to the downloads mod's main page (downloads.php):
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in .........../public_html/cm/downloads.php on line 379
I know it's a problem that is related to the 64MB memory limit but the problem is that I never changed anything and everything has been running smoothly for years now, it could be a new update that messed this up or something else that I'm not aware of, can you please help me with this? I'm running on the latest version of PhpBB but not the latest of the mod.
Edit: weird thing that it's normal when I'm logged in but when I'm not (guest) this error occur.

Your support is greatly appreciated
oxpus
Chief handy-man
Re: Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted

Beitrag von oxpus »

Hmpf, 64MB are very much, but the mod wants more memory.
Maybe your download area crowes up ane more categories and more downloads must be managed, so the mod needs more memory.
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
No support per Messenger, Email or PM. Each unasked message will be ignored!
light horse

Thanks for the reply Oxpus... Actually I haven't added any new thing recently, it's been fine for years, the thing is, when I'm logged in everything seems to be just fine, the error only shows up when I'm logged out and browsing as a guest! What could have developed so suddenly without me touching, adding or modifying anything?!
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Sorry, but I can not help without more details.
The memory usage can have many reasons.
For example other mods, the number of downloads and so on.
Just inclease the php memory to eleminate the error.
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
light horse

I do have other mods, but as I said nothing has changed in years, this error just popped up suddenly. I don't have access to the php.ini so I can't change any values here. I haven't uploaded anything as well recently, no one had access to the section therefore now files were downloaded either. Any other details that I can provide that might help?

Edit: I fixed the issue by adding:

Code: Alles auswählen

@ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');
to the config.php file. But that is actually odd, because it means that it's consuming more than enough of the memory, why would that start happening so suddenly?!
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Php will not alltimes block the complete memory so other applications will not malfunction.
And the high usage is alltimes temporary so the Server is working without upcomming errors.
Again: More memory for php is needed for your Download Mod, which will not be in use all the time.
There will be no other problems within your Forum.
Karsten Ude
light horse

Thanks for your support, as always. :)
Antworten