Disable Overall Traffic

Support zu den Modifikationen (MODs) von Entwickler OXPUS für das phpBB 3.0.x
_8Bit

Disable Overall Traffic

Beitrag von _8Bit »

As the title says, How can I disable the overall traffic so that the only traffic people get, is the monthly allowance defined by their group
oxpus
Chief handy-man
Re: Disable Overall Traffic

Beitrag von oxpus »

Hi,

this is impossible with the current release.
Try to enter a very high overall traffic e. g. 100 GB or more to increase the limit over the needed volume.
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
No support per Messenger, Email or PM. Each unasked message will be ignored!
_8Bit

Beitrag von _8Bit »

Could we expect this in the next release? And when do you think the next release will out?
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

The next release is out then it's out. I'll not name any dead-lines then the next release will is finish. Maybe in the next days, weeks, months...

To enable to disable only the overall traffic will asks on the other hand to enable to disable only the user traffics.
Only both options together are suitable for other admins to use these options.
But to code both options can takes several hours so I'll first verify the complexity bevor planing this in a next release.

Thereby I'll not seen any usefull benefit about this:
Disabling only the overall traffic means all users can download until their personal limits.
This can slow down your server for a longer time, if the user will download much files within a short time.
Disabling only the users traffics can penalise users who wants to download a files at the past of a month but other users still have used the complete overall traffic.
So you see, over all it's not the absolutely good idea to disable only one of the traffic limits.

For a quick and dirty solution until I'll insert these options (maybe) delete these lines out of the file /dl_mod/classes/class_dl_status.php:

Code: Alles auswählen

if ((($config['dl_overall_traffic'] - $config['dl_remain_traffic'] <= 0) || ($index[$cat_id]['cat_traffic'] && ($index[$cat_id]['cat_traffic'] - $index[$cat_id]['cat_traffic_use'] <= 0))) && !$config['dl_traffic_off'])
		{
			$status_detail = $user->img('dl_blue', $user->lang['DL_BLUE_EXPLAIN']);
			$status = '<a href="' . append_sid(dl_init::phpbb_root_path() . "downloads" . dl_init::phpEx(), "view=detail&df_id=$df_id") . '">' . $status_detail . '</a>';
			$auth_dl = 0;
		}
This will enable to download the files even the overall traffic is set to zero.
Give it a try...
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
_8Bit

Beitrag von _8Bit »

Alright, Ive done that, and Ive set the overall limit to 0, but in the footer, it now says that the traffic is zero, and it wont display the amount of traffic the user still has left. Is there a way I can change it so that it says the users current traffic?
EDIT: Ive fixed this, but please read my next post.
Zuletzt geändert von _8Bit am Mi 11. Jul 2012, 03:52, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
_8Bit

Beitrag von _8Bit »

Also, I've created a user a normal registered user, and in the ACP it is set to give 100MiB to a normal user every month, but when I registered the user, I checked in the footer on the downloads page, and he has 0B traffic.
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Try to download something.
Karsten Ude
_8Bit

Beitrag von _8Bit »

Alright, so I registered a new account again, I logged in, then went to the downloads page, down the bottom it says:
You have left 0 B traffic this month.
then I download a ~10MB file and then it says
You have left -10776496 B traffic this month.
down the bottom
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Okay, the download works.
At least you can disable the footer statistics to hide the 'error'.
Karsten Ude
_8Bit

Beitrag von _8Bit »

Alright, but is there any other way I can show the user how much traffic they have left? And will that stop them downloading files when they reach the limit (100MB) that I have set in the admin settings?
Antworten