xaviermbcn

Re: Help activating extension

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

They say no
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Ah, I think you misunderstood something.

If you add a module, all available files for the module file are displayed in the module selection dropdown.
Where you will see alltime the first entry the phpBB can found.

You then have to select the correct module file, in this case the modules of the download extension in order to assign them the correct name:
ACP_MODULES.jpg
ACP_MODULES.jpg (210.99 KiB) 10062 mal betrachtet
However, if the modules already exist, as shown in your screenshot which just not being displayed in the correct language strings, can this be because you probably have a different board language than the extension provides? The extension currently contains only German, English, Spanish and French packages.

The module modes are behind these module names:
DL_ACP_OVERVIEW > Summery
DL_ACP_CONFIG_MANAGEMENT > General configuration
DL_ACP_TRAFFIC_MANAGEMENT > Traffic Management
DL_ACP_CATEGORIES_MANAGEMENT > Category Management
DL_ACP_FILES_MANAGEMENT > Download Management
DL_ACP_PERMISSIONS > Permissions
DL_ACP_STATS_MANAGEMENT > View Statistics
DL_ACP_BANLIST > Banlist
DL_EXT_BLACKLIST > Blacklist Filetypes
DL_MANAGE > Toolbox
DL_ACP_FIELDS > User defined fields
DL_ACP_PERM_CHECK > Permissions check

Each module mode bases on the same module "Download Panel".
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
No support per Messenger, Email or PM. Each unasked message will be ignored!
xaviermbcn

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

Hello,

This past night I reproduced the sequence origin of the problems:

1) Install the extension in ext without problems (ext/oxpus/dlext).
2) In ACP->Customise the extension is present in Disable section.
3) I Enable the extension (Hotschi's Downloads).
4) An error occurs:
Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\module\exception\module_exception: CANNOT_REMOVE_MODULE in /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/module/module_manager.php:448 Stack trace: #0 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migration/tool/module.php(420): phpbb\module\module_manager->delete_module(293, 'acp') #1 [internal function]: phpbb\db\migration\tool\module->remove('acp', 'ACP_CAT_DOT_MOD...', 'ACP_DOWNLOADS') #2 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migration/tool/module.php(454): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 [internal function]: phpbb\db\migration\tool\module->reverse('add', 'acp', 'ACP_CAT_DOT_MOD...', 'ACP_DOWNLOADS') #4 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(714): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(683): phpbb\db\migrator->run_step(Array, false, true) #6 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(436): phpbb\db\migrator->process_data_step(Array, Array) #7 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(351): phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply( in /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/module/module_manager.php on line 448
5) In ACP->Customise the extension continuing present in Disable section.
6) In ACP->Extension the extension is present and associated in Choose Module to Blockgets ... (see images in previous messages)

And thats all the information I have.

Another questions, what is the funcion of data_ext.php ? Wich file control the Extension menu & Options ?

thanks a lot,

Xavier
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

I think it's probably better to completely remove the extension so that a new installation can work.
Activating the extension should not initially an error to remove a module because the activation on the extension insert modules.

Anyway, please take a look at this topic to completely remove the extension: https://phpbb3.oxpus.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=690 (the second post is in english).
After this try to reinstall the extension again.
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
xaviermbcn

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

same problem ...
Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\module\exception\module_exception: CANNOT_REMOVE_MODULE in /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/module/module_manager.php:448 Stack trace: #0 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migration/tool/module.php(420): phpbb\module\module_manager->delete_module(318, 'acp') #1 [internal function]: phpbb\db\migration\tool\module->remove('acp', 'ACP_CAT_DOT_MOD...', 'ACP_DOWNLOADS') #2 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migration/tool/module.php(454): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 [internal function]: phpbb\db\migration\tool\module->reverse('add', 'acp', 'ACP_CAT_DOT_MOD...', 'ACP_DOWNLOADS') #4 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(714): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(683): phpbb\db\migrator->run_step(Array, false, true) #6 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(436): phpbb\db\migrator->process_data_step(Array, Array) #7 /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/db/migrator.php(351): phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply( in /home/ctms1/public_html/forum/phpbb/module/module_manager.php on line 448
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Have you delete all extension parts as named in the post I've linked?
Your installation may be corrupted so it's recommended to delete the extension complety before trying anything else!

BTW: To delete a module category you must first delete the contained modules. Only empty module categories can be deleted:
Drop_modules.jpg
Drop_modules.jpg (171.08 KiB) 10057 mal betrachtet
But normaly there are no error messages on trying to delete a not empty module category, only on enable an extension as you tries.

At least the error message you posted can have many causes. Without taking a look at the table "phpbb_modules" from your forum database, I can only guess why your forum cannot enable the extension.

And you are sure to have no error message on enable the extension on the first time and the extension was never enabled before these errors with the ACP module?
Karsten Ude
xaviermbcn

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

Hi,

yes, I disable and Delete the modules first. After that I disable and delete the category ACP_DOWNLOAD.
A comment, I saw the modules names are the corrects one but they never exist in the list of modules. They choose any other module (I think the first one in the module list). This is the reason I said you the history of Canidev .... (sorry).

I think yes, an error message occurs the first time I enable it.

Ok. I will try to look th etable "phpbb_modules" from my database.

And, if necessary, I will create another forum and test ACP_DOWNLOADS without any other extension ....

regards,

Xavier
xaviermbcn

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

Hi again,

one question.. my databases tables name's aren't "phpbb_xxxx" but "phpbbtucq_xxx". I don't know why and if is this relevant....

regards,

Xavier
xaviermbcn

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

Bild
xaviermbcn

Beitrag von xaviermbcn »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bild

1- Made a Backup :D
2- Renamed table Download to Download_Old
3- Enable "Download Extension" without probles !
4- Permissions -> Group Permissions -> Administrators -> Administrative Permissions (go) -> Advanced Permissions -> Download Panel -> All Yes -> Apply !

Et voila!

Now I see Download Panel in Extensions...

This afternoon I will test your module.

Thanks a lot for your help !!

Xavier from Barcelona
Antworten