Downloads Mod Issues, Please help!

Support zu den Modifikationen (MODs) von Entwickler OXPUS für das phpBB 3.0.x
light horse

Downloads Mod Issues, Please help!

Beitrag von light horse »

Hi,
1. I've installed the downloads mod recently but I can't everything seems good except that the thumbnails doesn't appears and no upload thumbnail form is there too I did what I should do in the ACP for the exact size of it etc but still no luck, and sulution please?
you'll see what I mean in this link it's, seems kinda messed up RPG Tools - Grundpaket (phpBB 3.0.x MOD's)

2. I have a permission problem and I can't disable admin rights of the downloads mod for moderators, please help?

And thanks in advance
oxpus
Chief handy-man
Re: Downloads Mod Issues, Please help!

Beitrag von oxpus »

Hello,

both points (no upload / admin-rights) are based on the same settings and database tables.
Please be sure the installer runs without any errors.
And renew the forum and style caches to use the newest data and views.

For thumbnails please click in the (?) besides the fields where you set the file- and imagesize in the ACP for the images.
You must enter a valid filesize (e. g. 1 MB) and the max. image size (e. g. 1280 x 1024 pixel).
Regard: These settings will be used for the uploaded image, not for the thumbnail itself!
At least you must enable thumnbnails in the categories (each one seperately).
After this settings you can upload one thumbnail while create/edit a download and add additional thumbs from the download details view with a click on the link "Manage images".

And please explain a little bit more detailed, what you mean with admin rights in the download mod.
Forum moderators don't have admin rights in the mod, but founder and board admins does.
To allow an user to moderator the downloads you must set this explicit with the mod permission module (ACP).
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
No support per Messenger, Email or PM. Each unasked message will be ignored!
light horse

The installer completed 100% successfully and there was no error found during the installation of the mod, I've also refreshed the style and purged the cache as well.

As for the thumnails thanks for the each category tip I didn't notice that option there, btw the Extra Informations also not there they don't appear on the file download page!

and for the admin rights issue, I mean moderators have the access to the ACP now too but when I disabled (removed) their downloads mod Admins right a message appeared said that the operation has successfully been done, however when I check back they still have the admins rights and can manage the downloads mod options by just logging into the ACP because their rights cannot be removed see this image is after removing their rights and then I came to check on see what I found:

Bild
So how to solve these issues?

And thank you for your support and replys :)
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Maybe the module table in your forum is broken.
Please delete the modules of the mod manualy and add them manualy again.
At least retry the settings...
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
light horse

For which problem is this solution?
Actually I have the same rights issue with the contact mod and they told me to do some edits in the database.
Could that works here too? if so then wich id's should I remove?
Zuletzt geändert von light horse am Mi 18. Mai 2011, 18:54, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Do not modify the module tables directly in the database without exactly know what to do!
You risk to destroy many modules of the phpBB!
Just first try to delete the modules manualy form the ACP with the functions under the tab "System" > "Module Management" > "Administration Control Panel"
Find there the tab "MODS" > "Downloads" and delete all modules of this mod.
Then add all modules back manualy to this category.

Background:
The UMIL libary may set the permissions to moderators/global moderators not correctly and sometimes to admins when you are still using special permissions for global moderators.
This error is sill unfixed so you can only at first drop the modules and add them manualy back to be able to manage the permissions for them.

Alternative you can modify the database directly but the risk to destroy several modul permissions is very high!!

You can also try to fix the user, moderator and administrator roles via ACP. This in some cases fix the error, too.
Karsten Ude
light horse

Thanks a lot, but how do you mean manualy, not by the ACP??
oxpus
Chief handy-man

Beitrag von oxpus »

Yes manually by the Acp and not within the mod installer.
Karsten Ude
light horse

Thank you, I'll give it a try and will inform you tomorrow (in my time) :)
light horse

I've beed trying to add the modules but I can't find anything related to the downolad mod in the "add new module" form... So where do I find them?
Antworten